Thank you so much for joining us as we explored Elijah’s journey between Mt. Carmel ad Mt. Sinai. I hope and pray that you found that studying the biblical text in this way can enliven the text and drastically impact our walk in faith.
Below you will find a number of resources for additional engagement.
Resources for similar study:
If you’re interested in approaching the bible with a greater awareness of the cultural, historical, and archaeological backgrounds I would love to suggest a number of resources for doing so. You can find them in the post below:
Below are a number of posts which relate to many of the topics we discussed in class. You may find them helpful for further study and reflection.
- Why I search … the numbers prove I should.
- Do ancient near eastern studies cause a crisis for biblical faith? Part 1
- Do ancient near eastern studies cause a crisis for biblical faith? Part 2: Elijah’s Crisis
- Do ancient near eastern studies cause a crisis for biblical faith? Part 3: A worldly text and a transcendent God
- When we doubt – the wilderness between our mountain top experiences
I would love to hear from you regarding the class! What excited you? What should I change? What did you have additional questions about? How did you improve your understanding of the bible and God’s word for your life?
Please email me at email@example.com
Finally I would encourage you to subscribe to Biblical Remains. By entering your email below you will get any new posts directly in your inbox as well as notifications of additional speaking engagements.